Mystery Guy ( Episode 8)

I woke up in the morning to several missed calls from Tosin and Wale , I was devastated. What was I going to do? , His number was no longer reachable, I tried searching for him on social media but no result, how do I give birth to a child without a father? , aborting it wasn't even considerable because I have always said I would never do it.

I picked up my phone and called Tosin and told her I was pregnant, she was quiet and told me she would come over to my house in the next 1 hour, I said ok and cut the call, as for Wale I honestly didn't know what to do about him, he came to my life at the wrong moment, how do I tell him I am pregnant for a married man who I cannot even reach? , my life just took a complicated turn.

Tosin knocked and I opened the door, we went straight to my room and then Tosin finally says Funmi what are you going to do?, I said I don't know and there was a long silence in the room , I started to cry and Tosin just kept consoling me saying everything will be alright, she made me lunch which I barely touched, my phone started to ring, Wale won't stop calling I was tired, I told Tosin she kept saying he just wants to be friends that's all, he called again this time Tosin picked it and told him I wasn't feeling fine and he said he was coming over , Tosin said it was fine and the call dropped. I was angry with Tosin, I don't want Wale to know I am pregnant I told her, she just told me to relax he wasn't going to find out, I just let it slide.

The door bell rang, Tosin went to open the door for Wale, and he just came straight to me asking what was wrong , I just smiled a little and told him it was malaria and I went to the hospital yesterday where they gave me drugs I am using now, he patted my hand and said I will be fine, he just kept staring at me and I could tell instantly he wanted more than friendship and I couldn't hold my tears in again , I started crying again wishing he came into my life before that damn ( mystery guy) , he pulled me close to his chest and asked me whats wrong and I just let it all out and told him I am pregnant, he was shocked and said he didn't realize I was in a serious relationship, that I shouldn't be crying its a good thing. ( If only he knew).

I told him the whole story right there , he just sat down lost in thoughts, and told me not to worry that with him and Tosin everything would go well, he kissed my forehead and left, I could see the pain in his eyes. Tosin stayed over at my house that night and we just talked for a little while till I slept off.

Few weeks later, I started my antenatal. I didn't hear from Wale, I called him no response, I was depressed, someone I thought I could count on , but I didn't blame him tho, who wants to be with a lady who doesn't know where her baby daddy is? , I mean its absurd. I packed my things, carried my bag and left for work . My cravings increased, I wanted everything eatable on sight, my colleagues started to notice my unusual cravings , (you know normal Amebo people), One of them in particular (Tessy) came to meet me ( Funmi Funmi this one wey you dey chop chop like this you sure say e never enter) , I just laughed and replied her saying  ( na u know o), and we both laughed it off and went back to working.

I dropped my bag on the couch and went straight to the bathroom, I couldn't stop peeing it was getting annoying, I took my bath and threw on something light and laid down on the bed, took my phone out of my bag and saw 3 missed calls from Wale, I was surprised but I didn't call him back, I was going to let the phone ring again before I picked his call.
My door bell rang and I went downstairs to open the door, I was shocked to see Wale, he Just said please can I come in we have to talk, I was mad at him but I also wanted to talk to him, so I let him in.
I am sorry for my silence for the past weeks, I needed time to be alone for sometime, Funmi I am in love with you and then you told me you are pregnant I was devastated but I still can't get you out of my mind.
I felt bad and started to cry and he just pulled me close to him not to cry that we will figure it out together and I looked up at him and said that's what you said the last time and I didn't hear from you for weeks , he just said I am hear to stay Ok, and with that we kissed and I literally couldn't move for some seconds.

Am I in love with Wale?.......















Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
You didn't handle the situation well. We know you don't love the poor Wale . You should have made Wale do the mekwe then shift responsiblity of the mystery pregnancy to him. #NollywoodSense.

Popular posts from this blog

Mystery Guy ( Episode 7)

Mystery Guy ( Episode 1).

Happy New Year People........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!